Applications are now open for the 212 Photography Competition 2020.
The 212 Photography Competition is a fully independent body, run by 212 Photography İstanbul and showcasing the best up-and-coming talents of the year from the country, region, and around the world. Our team administers a series of photography prizes that call for the very best in photography.
However, the photography competition is only half of the story. While highlighting the photographer’s art through this event, they also produce an international biannual art and culture magazine, 212 Magazine. They aim to be as challenging as we are influential-to provide an inclusive space for ideas and perspectives to mix without prejudice and better interrogate social, artistic, and cultural phenomena from the region and around the world.
The 1st prize winner will receive:
€5000 (Rs. 4,42,424.29) paid by direct electronic bank transfer.
Certificate, letter of thanks from the 212 Committee, a professional portfolio review of your work, exposure on 212 Magazine.
Certificate and letter of thanks from the 212 Committee to the 10 shortlisted participants.
The competition consists of 2 rounds of evaluation:
First round: Entries must be submitted by email at the latest on September 20, 2020, 23:59 +3 GMT (see details below). Following this first round, the festival committee will make an initial selection of 10 participants to deliver to the jury. On September 24, 2020, at the latest, all entrants will be informed whether they have been selected for the second round, or not.
Second round: 10 selected participants will be evaluated by the jury. All participants of the second round will be informed of the results on October 10, 2020, during the festival.
- The competition is open to any photographer or artist using the photographic medium on a regular basis.
- No age or nationality restrictions apply.
- The competition does not distinguish according to the genre; portraits, landscapes, still life, fashion, etc. are all admissible.
- In pursuit of the newcomers of the year, only photographers/ artists who have not had a major exhibition in a gallery or cultural institution of international importance may take part.
- Please note that collective submissions, made by two or more artists, are acceptable providing the authors work on a regular basis together and have built a body of work together.
How to Apply?
Candidates are requested to select a minimum of 5, a maximum of 10 recent images from your work. Images should ideally be selected from 2 or 3 distinctive series. Compress the file and submit (zip file). You will receive an e-mail to the address you have provided in the form once your submission is received successfully.
The last date to submit your entries is September 10, 2020.
Apply here : https://212photographyistanbul.com/en/entry-form/