About the Organization:
The Spencer Foundation has been a leading funder of education research since 1971 and is the only national foundation focused exclusively on supporting education research.
About the Grant:
The Small Research Grants Program supports education research projects that will contribute to the improvement of education, broadly conceived, with budgets up to $50,000 for projects ranging from one to five years. We accept applications three times per year.
This program is “field-initiated” in that proposal submissions are not in response to a specific request for a particular research topic, discipline, design, method, or location. Our goal for this program is to support rigorous, intellectually ambitious and technically sound research that is relevant to the most pressing questions and compelling opportunities in education.
Grant Amount: $50,000
- Proposals to the Research Grants on Education program must be for academic research projects that aim to study education.
- Proposals for activities other than research are not eligible (e.g., program evaluations, professional development, curriculum development, scholarships, capitalprojects).
- Additionally, proposals for research studies focused on areas other than education, are not eligible. Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs applying for a Small Research Grant on Education must have an earned doctorate in an academic discipline or professional field, or appropriate experience in an education research-related profession.
- While graduate students may be part of the research team, they may not be named the PI or Co-PI on the proposal. The PI must be affiliated with a non-profit organization that is willing to serve as the administering organization if the grant is awarded.
- The Spencer Foundation does not award grants directly to individuals. Examples include non-profit colleges, universities, school districts, and research facilities, as well as other non-profit organizations with a 501(c)(3) determination from the IRS.
- Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally, however, all proposals must be submitted in English and budgets must be proposed in U.S. Dollars
How to Apply:
Application can be done from the online portal. Incase of any query email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: November 3, 2020 at 12:00pm CT