Applications call for SLINGSHOT 2020 – Startup Competition
While applying, all startups will have the opportunity to participate in a bonus challenge for solutions related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Participants, who wish to be considered for this challenge should submit a presentation deck that answers the question: How does your solution “Create the New Normal”? (PDF presentation, up to 3 slides in English only)
Taking the “New Normal” to refer to the post-COVID-19 era, how can your solution help businesses, organizations, and communities recover, rebound, and recharge in the new normal? Up to 5 startups will be shortlisted for this award. The results will be announced on 19 October 2020, 1700H (GMT+8).
- Shortlisted startups from each of the 5 sectors will be asked to submit a 2-minute video introducing their business, elevator pitch style!
- Selection Phase: Projects will be reviewed by a jury panel of investors and corporates who will select the ~20 startups from each sector to move to the SLINGSHOT 2020 Virtual Finals.
- The results will be announced on 9 November 2020. Up to 500 shortlisted startups will also have the opportunity to participate in co-innovation opportunities with corporates via our co-innovation platform.
- Regardless of your business area, all startups are welcome to apply in any categories stated in the Slingshot 2020 Competition:
- Digital solutions, Consumer products & services
- FoodTech & AgriTech
- HealthTech, BioTech & MedTech
- Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation
- Urban Solutions, Sustainability & Energy
- One Grand Winner (overall)
- $200,000 Startup SG grant and S$10,000 cash prize by L’Oreal
- Top 10 Sector Winners (2 per Challenge Sector)
- $50,000 Startup SG grant
- Top 100 Global Startups
- An invitation to the Virtual Semi-Finals as part of SFF x SWITCH 2020.
- EntrePass (working visa for foreign entrepreneurs in Singapore) [International applicants only].
- Access to corporates, investors, and mentor networks.
Top 500 startups
- An opportunity to participate in the corporate innovation platform and connect with corporates innovation players to embark on co-innovation projects and win up to S$30,000 StartupSG Grant prizes.
The winner of “Creating the New Normal” award will receive:
- $50,000 Startup SG Grant.
- $10,000 cash prize sponsored by L’Oréal.
Last date : September 7,2020.